Manchester Terror Attack: Bomber named; Darlington, Middlesbrough, Newcastle people tell of aftermath of blast at Ariana Grande concert

EXPLOSION: Witnesses have described hearing explosions at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester
EXPLOSION: Witnesses have described hearing explosions at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester
WITNESSES to the explosion at Manchester Arena have been sharing their experiences.
People from across the region are among thousands of people who travelled to the Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena on Monday evening.
North-East witnesses are among those to have shared their accounts of the incident, which happened shortly after the gig ended.
British authorities have identified suspected Manchester bomber as Salman Abedi, US officials have said.
Manchester bombing
At least 22 people have died after an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester on Monday night

Among the missing are Chloe Rutherford, 17 and Liam Curry, 19, both from South Shieldsand Courtney Boyle and her mum's partner, Philip Tron from Gateshead.
In addition, Alex Klis, from York, says she has not been able to contact her parents Angelika and Marcin Klis since the explosion.
Audience members have described hearing loud explosions and seeing crowds flee as smoke filled the venue.
Sophie Tedd, a 25-year-old from Darlington, said noise and smoke came from tiered seating stage right.
She said: "We were sitting on that side when suddenly there was this big bang in the block next to us. 
"Everyone started screaming and we nearly got trampled on. There was a burning smell."
Robert Tempkin, 22, from Middlesbrough, said: "Everyone was screaming and running, there were coats and people's phones on the floor. People just dropped everything.
"Some people were screaming they'd seen blood but other people were saying it was balloons busting or a speaker had been popped.
"There were lots of ambulances. I saw somebody being treated. I couldn't tell what had happened to him."
Erin McDougle, 20, from Newcastle, said: "There was a loud bang at the end of the concert.
"The lights were already on so we knew it wasn't part of the show.
"At first we thought it was a bomb.
"There was a lot of smoke, people started running out.
"When we got outside the arena there were dozens of police vans and quite a few ambulances."
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown